Wednesday, January 24, 2018

STUDENT SUCCESS STATEMENT

Student Success Statement

A Choice: Poverty or Prosperity

" I hated poverty. Poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and I can change that (poverty). It depends upon upon how hard I want to work, and I decided that I would change it." 

Image result for Dr. Ben Carson

- Dr. Ben Carson 

Reflection: I agree with the quote above because you are what determines your future. Although you might have bad influences in your life, you don't have to follow in their footsteps. For example, if you don't like something in school or your job, you have the ability to change it by speaking up. I believe Mr. Carson's story is truly remarkable because he really did not have opportunities in his city or any money, however, he decided to work hard and create a name for himself. Now he is a world renowned surgeon and has run for presidency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CTR PRESENTATION